Sunday, May 1, 2011

Catchin Up...

Need to play catch up on this blog again...we have had so many visitors in the past month and a half! Maverick is already going to be 8 months old on the 13th of May!
So first we had Ma in town... she got some good visiting time in with Mav and Mike and I even got to go out on a date one night..we need more practice at date night, we just talked about Mav or work the whole time, its almost like we don't know what to do when we're alone anymore! ;)
Then Grandma Jean came into town and the weather was a little nicer than when Ma was here. So we got to take Mav on walks in the stroller on the beach trail. Thanks to both the grandmas for helping me clean up the house a bit! I get so far behind as this little one is not a very good napper!


As soon as Jean left my brother Mat, Nikki and the kids and Thor (dog)
came and stayed with us for spring break. We took Maverick to Disneyland and he got to ride the Pirates of the Carribean, it was pretty exciting for him! We also took him to the beach for the first time (besides in his stroller on the beach trail) He loves the beach, and loves watching and listening to the waves.












Then Easter came and we went to the sunrise service, even though it was a cloudy day and there wasn't much of a sunrise it was still a very nice service out in the park. Then we did as we have done the past 3 years and met our adoptive family (the McFanns) down at Doheny (where we got married ) and hung out and BBQ'd at the park, we took the dogs and played on the grass, it was a relaxing day.




We took Maverick to his first Major League Baseball game! Even though the A's didn't win I think they had the cutest fan! He was mesmorized at the statium and all of the lights. He did awesome and ended up falling asleep in the 6th inning.



My sister Kate, Tom and the kids also stayed with us for a short visit (after spending the week at disneyland) The visit was so short I forgot to take pictures ;( but it was beautiful weather and we went to the beach and played in the water and it was really good to spend so much time with family this past month! Kinda makes me wish we all lived closer, and were able to spend time like this more often.

As far as Maverick and his milestones go...he still is loving his squash and zuchinni, I try to make homemade food but this kid loves to eat and it seems like I can never make enough! We started giving him Puffs (kind of like cherios) and he is doing very well with his hand eye coordination. I put them on the tray and he picks them up and gets them in his mouth about 75% of the time...the rest Miko eats ;)

He also officially started crawling this past week, and he is showing be everything I need to babyproof! yikes! I do have video of his crawl...just need to upload it. That is pretty much it for us! Until next update...

No comments: