Friday, January 29, 2010

Bringin' in 2010

After Christmas we went up to the Tahoe Cabin to ski and relax. My brother, Nikki and the kids joined us. Mom and Dad came up for a couple days too. We went skiing at Alpine and Kirkwood for FREE cuz my bro gets the hookup at his work! It was some darn good snow too! Mike and I both got new skis, boots poles for Christmas so we were excited to use them!
The boys made a sled trail behind the cabin, they through in a few jumps and curves, we had a lot of fun on that. Mike and Mat snow shoed up Mt Tallac and skied down a couple of times.

Cindy and Les came up a couple days before New Years and we had some good ol times at the cabin playin some Guesstures! It was Guys against Girls and the Girls kicked some butt! We went to the casinos for the new year celebration, it was quite interesting... it was about 26 degrees outside and girls were wearing dresses so short you could see thier underwear (if they were wearing any! ) We had a good time!
After everyone left Mike and I had the cabin to ourselves. We went snow shoeing up Mt Tallac with the dogs! They were so good in the snow! We found that snow shoeing down a mountain is not the easiest thing... and the shoes don't slide. So the next time we went up we brought the sleds and the dogs rode with us for a while until they jumped off and started pulling us down the mountain!

Now for the next surprise! I guess this one should really have it's own post but I figure if you've read this much then you'll be as excited as we are! I was late, so we decided to go get a pregnancy test and well. . . We're havin' a baby! I guess this is another reason I haven't posted because I would be so anxious to tell and didn't want to before we saw the doctor! We went to our first appointment on Tuesday and I am 8 weeks along, we got to see the heartbeat (Mike started crying ;) and they said everything looks good! We are not finding out the sex until it comes out around September 7th! So little "Baby Enzo" is being created as I write this and it just amazes me how creative God is... I mean I have this little human the size of a jelly bean in my belly and it already has a heartbeat!

We are heading out on a cruise next week with my parents so I will have to post some pictures of that when we get back! I'm sure I'll be updating this more often now that I know I have something positive to post! Until next time!


No comments: