Thursday, September 30, 2010

Maverick Skye Inzano is here!!

Of course these pictures loaded backwards...
Well Maverick is here, I have been trying to update this blog for a while now but seems like everytime I sit down to do it something comes up. So I am trying to fit it in while little Mav is sleeping...
His entrance into this world was quite an experience. I had been having contractions all morning but decided to hold off for my 11:45AM routine "stress test" check up, which is something they do when the baby is past the due date. My doctor did recommend that we bring my bag "just in case". Well we went in and the testing normally takes between 20-40 minutes, after 10 minutes of monitoring his heart rate the nurse called in my doctor and they looked at the chart and decided they needed to induce me, with little explaination to us they wheeled me over to labor and delivery. I was having contractions pretty much right on top of each other, they put the monitors on in our room, and baby's heart rate was fluctuating going down and then I would change positions and it would come back up. Some of my contractions were lasting 4 minutes or more and baby didn't like it in there. Doc checked me and I was 3 cm dialated so she broke my water to make progress in the labor. . .
A few minutes later they came to give me an epidural and as I sat up to put it in the baby's heart rate completely dropped down to below the charts. They told me to lay back down and called "Code Green" and rushed me over to OR, told me they needed to get baby out stat and I would be having a C-section. Since they didn't get the epidural in me, they had to knock me out. They gave Mike some scrubs to put on but didn't allow him in the operating room. He sat outside and listened and thought he heard paddles as if they were trying to resuscitate me. He said he was a mess, feeling as if he were about to lose his family. And then he heard Maverick cry, they let him in the room to cut the umbilical cord. He saw me filleted open, which he says he wishes he didn't look over....
Maverick was born at 2:08 PM, weighing in at 8lbs. 2 oz. I woke up about 2 hours later and was told I had a healthy baby boy. I got to see him and hold him in recovery. I was still very grogy but the happiest mama ever! I just thank God for having me in the right place at the right time. The doctor said they didn't want to think about the "what ifs" but there is a good chance we would not have a baby right now had I not had an appointment that day. . .
He has been such a blessing!
I am so grateful to have such a wonderful husband and parents who have helped me in this recovery with cooking and cleaning and all of the daily activities and figuring out how to be a mommy. It definately took some time to start feeling better, and for now I feel like I have a good handle on things. Below are a few pictures... in order of most recent to least recent...





1 comment:

paigemoe said...

Wow, that us quite a story! I am so happy that Maverick is here and he is a happy and healthy baby. He is beautiful! I hope you are feeling well and it looks like you are enjoying being a mommy! Treasure the newborn smuggles because they grow up so fast! I am so happy for you and Mike!