Friday, February 13, 2009

Trials and Tribulations




What happened to the first few years of marriage being the best of your life? Mike and I have had so many situations on our plate lately all piled up at once, one seems to get better and another smacks us in the face. The only thing we can do is turn our cheek. Which is a reason I haven't updated this blog in a while, because I feel I have nothing good to report, and I don't want to scatter all our problems on the table and whine about them. 
So tonight I am just going to say how wonderful my husband is. . . Our latest problem seems to be that the crazy rains we have been getting down here in So Cal have flooded our garage not once but two times this year. So Mike decided he's going to fix the problem. He dug a hole about 5 feet deep and water is leaching up and seaping through a crack in our garage foundation, by the side of the house. So he went and bought a bunch of pipe, to install a french drain and is now digging the ditch all the way out to the street. One of our neighbors came over to help, he is very sweet, mind you he is about 70 something and is having a pacemaker put in next week. Well he was out helping Mike shovel today! Its awesome to have neighborly love! So Mike didn't beat the rain, he has been diggin ditch for 2-3 days now, ran into an underground huge cement something, had to rent a jack hammer, ran into an electrical wire housed in the middle of the cement. It has been a nightmare project! He is still out putting pipes together and it is 7pm. I took a few pictures. If I figure out how to post them I will. 
I am so grateful to have a husband like him, hard worker, all muddy in the rain, in a rain suit, and has barely taken a break for lunch today. My kind of man! 

4 comments:

Wilson Blog said...

Wow! That's some ditch You look like you are in a coal mine...not a garage. Hang in there Mike and Ness!

Shawna

Wilson Blog said...

By the way...Happy Valentines Day you newlyweds...we're off to play in the Snow...it's beautiful and sunny here.

Tridaddy said...

WOW! You weren't kidding that is an awesome French Drain beginning. I personally would have installed an Italian Drain! Keep up the great blog! God bless you both and my canine grandkids.

CaryKari said...

Wow what a nice blog and a neat way to let family and friends keep up with whatzzup with you guys...
You have out number "if" you ever need help don't hesitate to call...
Hope to get together soon...