Sunday, July 25, 2010

Projects!

Mike has been a hard workin' man since we got back from our Nor Cal trip. Actually it started before we left with the sprinklers, when my parents were down visiting, Dad set up the front lawn sprinklers and hooked up the timer. Mike learned about the leaks and how to fix them and all the other stuff that goes wrong with old pipes. He finished up running pipe to the tomato plants before we left so that they would get some good water while we were gone.
Well since we've been home he has re-glazed the bathroom shower, and we had a little problem with rats eating our tomatoes, well the neighbor put out some poison and we have found 5 stinky dead rats in the past few days. We had a hard time finding one yesterday but we kept smelling it. Well Mike decided it was up in the vines on our wall. So he spent the entire day cutting and bagging up the vines and clearing it all out! It looks so much better!
Now he is working on our wall project out back, it has been broken up since we bought this house and so he is pouring concrete and going to install tile on top so it can be a bench on our deck! Lots and lots of things going on around here! I have been trying to sell our bamboo bed to prepare the baby's room, I can't get anything done in there until that bed is out! We don't have the room in the garage to store it. I did go through all the awesome stuff from the baby shower and washed all the clothes and hung them in the closet! I am beginning the nesting!!
We had an awesome tomato harvest, couldn't give them away fast enough! We are coming to an end though as there aren't many buds left to bloom! I've been loving the BLT's, nothing beats a BLT with home grown tomatoes! Okay Mike needs my help so gotta go. I'll post some belly shots later this week!

No comments: